QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language. Able to communicate clearly. Have strong organizational skills and ability to work in stressful, fast paced environment. Physically capable of performing duties listed below.
- The ability to ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all banquet meetings and functions
- The ability to check and coordinate details of each function.
- The ability to organize and set the tables and buffets of all banquet functions.
- The ability to handle all demands and inquires in a professional and positive manner.
- The ability to treat employees fairly, consistently, and with proper respect.
- The ability to follow instructions and ensure a safe working environment for people to work.
- The ability to hold regular meetings with the kitchen staff as well as attend and participate in all required meetings.
- The ability to maintain a consistently high level of morale and motivation.
- The ability to communicate effectively with the banquet department, stewarding, pastry shop and the food storeroom.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to be certified in food service sanitation.
- The ability to recognize different pieces of equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ANALYSIS
Urns and chafers:50 lbs.
Trays of food:40 lbs.
Queen Mary: 1,000 lbs. (80-100 lbs. push/pull force required)
Other carts: 300 lbs. (30 lbs. push/pull force required)
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to email@example.com. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.