Ensure that the standards of excellence for guestrooms cleanliness are followed.
- Attend all the daily line-up meetings in the housekeeping office.
- Report abnormalities in the guestrooms to your supervisor or dispatcher.
- Keep the service areas and closets clean at all times.
- Maintain the turndown cart organized at all times.
- Ability to turndown a minimum of 40 rooms in 4 hours shift.
- Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally.
Specific Daily responsibilities
Turndown the bed following the steps specified in the training manual.
Clean the bathroom following the steps specified in the training manual.
Replace the amenities as needed. Provide the guest with ice and chocolates.
Close the curtains and turn on the lamps. Turn the TV on channel 6.
- Follow all standards specified in the Turndown Housekeeping Standards.
- Report and turn in any Lost and Found items from the guestroom or hallways.
- Anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly to any requests and acknowledge all guests all the time.
- Follow all the steps from the Hotel’s Safety Program.
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.