Must be 21 years of age and have a criminal – free record.
- Possession of high school diploma or G.E.D. must be U.S. Citizen and posses a valid Utah Drivers License in good standing.
- Basic self-defense skills, arrest and detention techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with individuals of diverse background.
- Ability and desire to work in all areas of hotel operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, basic computer and word skills.
- Knowledge of Utah Criminal Ordinances: trespassing, shoplifting, theft, defrauding innkeeper, fraud, bad checks, stolen credit cards, burglary, assault, domestic violence, private property rights, citizens arrest, probable cause and reasonable suspicion.
- Physical ability to perform all security and hotel assignments.
- Ability to conduct an incident interview and or interrogation.
- Ability to ensure security to all persons and property.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to understand guest inquiries, provide responses and focus on guests needs.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and make sound judgments in threatening situations.
- Ability to recognize suspicious human behavior, which poses a threat to Hotel guests, customers, hotel staff and property.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in performing job functions.
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to email@example.com. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.