Pastry Chef de Partie
1. Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
2. Knowledge in use of pastry equipment and pastry operations.
3. Good level of creativity and good organizational skills.
1. The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
2. The ability to produce all breakfast pastry items, i.e., brioche, croissants, etc. for all outlets, Room Service and Banquets.
3. The ability to set-up all continental and breakfast pastries for Banquets.
4. The ability to work closely with standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product.
5. The ability to work with the Pastry Chef and Assistant Pastry Chef in order to develop new items and ongoing development of skills and techniques.
6. The ability to work neatly and cleanly, keeping work areas and walk-ins in accordance with sanitary standards.
7. The ability to keep waste to a minimum.
8. The ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with fellow employees.
9. The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
10. The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to be certified in food service sanitation.
- The ability to have knowledge of culinary department Food Standards.
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to email@example.com. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.