1. The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
2. The ability to check the mise en place to ensure an adequate supply of materials for the shift and bring up to par those items needed.
3. The ability to set up the station by obtaining all equipment and materials needed.
4. The ability to prepare all mise en place needed for station.
5. The ability to prepare station for service.
6. The ability to prepare and plate all items received from the computer system in a timely and accurate manner and communicate with cooks regarding timing.
7. The ability to ensure a neat, clean and organized work area.
8. The ability to properly break down the station by storing foods properly and carefully after labeling them.
9. The ability to turn off all equipment ensuring no safety hazard has been left behind.
10. The ability to complete requisitions when needed.
11. The ability to handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
12. The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
13. The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
14. The ability to execute private Dining Room functions for the required food.
15. The ability to follow all guidelines for timely food service to guests.
16. The ability to be certified in food service sanitation
17. The ability to have knowledge of Hotel Food Standards.
18. The ability to execute Alternative cuisine
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to email@example.com. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.