1. The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
2. The ability to read and utilize a banquet function sheet to know food items to be prepared, quantity of food to be prepared and when it is prepared.
3. The ability to prepare and present on a timely basis all foods for banquet functions.
4. The ability to work closely with standard recipes and plate presentations in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
5. The ability to assist in the breakdown of banquet foods and buffets.
6. The ability to complete requisitions, obtain proper signatures, submit, pick up and store all items.
7. The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
8. The ability to handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
9. The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
10. The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
11. The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to lead and direct Banquet cooks.
- The ability to attend bi-weekly Banquet/Catering meetings and represent the kitchen.
- The ability to communicate all daily changes to all areas of the kitchen from the Banquet /catering meetings, daily change sheets, verbal changes and short sheets.
- The ability to work closely with the Catering and Banquet Management.
- The ability to execute kosher preparation.
- The ability to be certified in food service sanitation.
- The ability to have knowledge of The Grand America Hotel Food Standards.
- The ability to execute Banquet events in the absence of the Banquet Chef.
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.