JOB OVERVIEW: Wash dishes, Clean dishes, help other departments where applicable.
REPORTS TO: Stewarding Supervisor
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Internal: Stewarding Staff, Kitchen Staff, Bar Staff, Banquet Staff, F&B Staff, Housekeeping Staff.
External: Potential Employees.
SPECIFICATIONS: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
Qualifications: Essential: 1) Food handling certificate.
2) Knowledge of various food service equipment operations.
3) Ability to satisfactorily learn to communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
Desirable: 1) Previous experience in Hotel/Large Volume and food service facility.
2) Familiarity with food, beverage, payroll and other expense cost controls.
1) Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
2) Ability to cover any position.
3) Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
4) Ability to focus attention of details.
5) Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
6) Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
7) Ability to work without direct supervision.
1) Ability to communicate in a second language.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) Kitchen, heart of the house cleaning schedules
b) State Health Department regulations
c) Equipment cleaning and maintenance
d) Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment, supplies and work areas.
e) Compete Serv Safe Program or comparable training
f) Employee safety procedures
g) Chemical handling and procedures
h) Banquet room layout, locations and room numbers/names.
i) Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
j) All department policies/service procedures.
2) Complete all tasks necessary for assigned station
3) Promote a positive work environment.
4) Complie to all hotel and departmental standards.
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to email@example.com. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.