Garden Cafe Server
Experience Required: This position requires previous serving experience comparable to a hotel of this stature or greater. Applicant must be 21 years of age or older, have or be prepared to obtain a Food Handling Certificate, and possess or be prepared to obtain an Alcohol Certification Card. Applicant must be familiar with food and beverage operations and be prepared to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.
Job Responsibilities: This position will require the applicant to carry out the following tasks:
- Adequately perform the duties defined by management in accordance within the outlet’s various meal periods.
- Serve, bus, and reset the tables for any specific meal period.
- Entering orders into the POS terminal.
- Accomplishing a set list of nightly side work duties in a timely manor.
- Abiding by all the guest service standards required by Garden Cafe employees.
- Maintaining specified levels of cleanliness within the outlet.
- Properly prepare the area/station for the appropriate meal period.
- At all times provides a favorable image of The Grand America Hotel to promote its aim and objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees and foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate
- Deliver plated food and beverages to all tables in a timely manner.
Skills Required: This position will require the applicant to have adequate knowledge and or understanding of the following:
- Knowledge of various food and beverage standards.
- Ability to communicate, in English, with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Previous experience with order taking and food service.
- Ability to adhere to the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide proper wine service including presentation, information, and serving.
- Ability to perform basic functions on a POS (point of sale) system terminal.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment, product, and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to interact positively with intoxicated and or problem guests.
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guests and hotel information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to email@example.com. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.