JOB OVERVIEW: Repair and Maintain all hotel equipment and systems as directed by the needs of guests and employees.
REPORTS TO: Director and Assistant Director of Engineering
All work is to be performed in a quick and efficient manner. When working on guestrooms, the engineer is to greet the guest using the guest’s name ( on work order). Ask if it is a good time to do the work or offer to come back at a better time. Inform the guest hen the work is complete and ask if there is anything else they need. When you leave the guest rooms there should not be any signs that you were there. ALL tools and parts should be removed from the room, all fingerprints wiped off and all dirt cleaned up. If necessary contact housekeeping for assistance. All Engineering Personnel will be well groomed and in clean uniforms, if your uniform gets dirty return to the shop and change before going to any other calls.
Basic Job Function
- Perform shift engineers check list daily and report any abnormalities. Perform safety check list, fire pump run test and generator test weekly.
- Respond to guest emergency calls within ten minutes.
- Complete work orders and shop work in timely manner.
- Walk the hotel(s) daily for burnt out light bulbs: replace any burn out bulbs.
- Participate in Hotel Utility Management Program.
- Maintain safe conditions and procedures in work area and associated areas.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by supervisor: Assist other departments by providing lateral service when possible.
Job Skills Required
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Basic knowledge of mechanical locks Mortise, Marlok electronic, etc.
- Doors sliding glass, entry hinges byfold, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair most mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Basic TV, remotes, TCI Cable, Lodgenet
- Background music systems.
- Telephone & computer Systems
- Basic boiler room operations including steam and snow melt systems.
- Basic heating & cooling system including pneumatic and electric thermostats and valve.
- Basic construction, sheet rock, suspended ceilings, etc.
- All fire prevention equipment, extinguishers, and alarm systems detector and pll station, house calculate, sprinkler systems, fire pump, dry & wet systems.
- Basic emergency power generator and automated switch gear.
- Swimming pool operation and systems.
- Drapes blinds, rollers, etc.
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to email@example.com. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.