The Bell Person is responsible for providing excellent service to our guests from arrival to departure. Primarily, the Bell Person assists in transporting luggage to and from guests rooms, valet guests vehicles, coordinates guests’ needs, requests and inquires.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities (Include the following, but are not limited to);
- Greet and direct visitors in a friendly, helpful manner
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Deliver messages, amenities, etc. to guests
- Provide accurate directions, maps, brochures, etc
- Assist the Front Desk in delivering quick and efficient service to hotel guests
- Wear proper hotel issued uniform with name tag
- Provide administrative support
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Assist Bell Captain with housekeeping duties in work area
- Able to park guests vehicles using manual and automatic transmissions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 1 year or equivalent in customer service industry (preferably hotel experience)
- Skilled in building relationships with guests and staff
- Ability to multitask
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Excellent people skills
- Must meet grooming standards (no beards)
- Flexibility to work day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
- Team player with a desire to support both guests and staff members and meet/exceed team and guest expectations
- An energetic personality with a predisposition to smile
- Grounded in ethical principles, dedicated to do right by guests and staff
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must be able to converse, understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English
How to Apply
Download an application for employment in PDF format and fax it back to us at 801-258-6010. All applications must be completed in full before being considered for a position with Grand America Hotels & Resorts. You can also email your resume and a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply in person please visit our Employment Center, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grand America Employment Center
520 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please enter at 520 South State Street (this is the door just left of the receiving and delivery entrance).
Processing time of applications can take up to four weeks, depending on the position that you have applied for. Only those who are selected by a department manager to receive an interview will be contacted (all applicants who are not contacted may reapply at any time). All inquiries should be made directly to the employment center; please do not attempt to contact a member of management or human resources.
All employees of The Grand & Little America Hotels must be able to work SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
All new hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.