The Grand America Hotel, the flagship of the Grand America Hotel and Resorts, has been committed to excellence and customer service since the original Little America opened in 1934. In an effort to maintain our high level of quality and service we are pleased to share with you our Environmental Procedures and Green Initiatives.
- In-room auto-adjusted thermostats recognize, through our property management system, when rooms are vacant and adjust the temperature to a set-back mode to conserve energy.
- We have replaced incandescent light bulbs in certain areas of the hotel with fluorescent light bulbs which use less energy.
- A reusable amenity program is available upon guests’ request.
- Since 2004, Grand and Little America Hotels have participated in Rocky Mountain Power’s Energy Efficiency Program. The hotels have achieved an annual energy consumption reduction of 5,552,745 kilowatt-hours. This is enough saved energy to power approximately 550 averaged sized homes.
- We utilize a commercial grade trash compacting program to minimize our contribution to landfill space.
- Our offices and business center have established a paper recycling program.
- By using glass, china, linen table clothes, and napkins in guest rooms, banquet facilities and restaurants, the hotel is able to minimize paper waste.
- All restaurant and banquet facilities use reusable condiment dishes, allowing for less waste of plastic or glass containers and food.
- All public area restrooms are equipped with sensor faucets and toilets, minimizing water flow.
- Low flow in-room showerheads (2.5 gallons per minute) were installed in February 2008.
- Reusable room linen program is available upon guests’ request.
- Our on-site laundry facility allows us to monitor and control water usage.
Environmentally Preferred Cleaning Supplies
- Cleaning supplies are purchased from Eco-Logic Solutions. Supplies are biodegradable and reduce the environmental impact that standard chemicals produce.
Other Earth-Friendly Measures
- Our sales and catering staff will customize events to fit our client’s environmental needs.
- Our floral arrangements in the lobby are rearranged and brought to nursing homes by volunteers.
- Some departments have gone to a 4-day work week to save on energy costs and reduce pollution and fuel use.
- The front desk has reduced paper and toner usage by half by no longer requiring guests to sign two receipts.
- Other departments have cut copy paper in half by “re-using” the back side of the paper.