The Grand America Hotel: COVID-19 Update
The health and well-being of our guests and employees are of unparalleled importance. With concern surrounding Coronavirus/COVID-19, we are taking extra measures to protect guests, employees, and the community. We continue to monitor the latest health authority statements and direction from the CDC to support our guests and employees.
What measures are we taking for guests and employees?
- As always, we are committed to the highest safety, health, and sanitation standards. We communicate and reinforce with guests and employees to exercise good personal hygiene practices, including cough and sneeze etiquette, hand sanitizing procedures, and staying home when sick.
- We are taking further steps by adding extra hand-washing supplies and hand sanitizing stations in public areas, meeting spaces, restrooms, guest rooms, and employee areas, as well as increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout the hotel. High traffic areas are cleaned and sanitized several times a day with an alcohol-based cleaner.
- The eMist Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayer will also be used as part of our disinfecting strategy in public areas.
- Utilized multiple times each day
- Uses 75% fewer chemicals
- High-touch areas are disinfected in less than 3 minutes
- Daily Housekeeping Service and Turndown Service are available only upon request.
- On-property first responders are trained in first aid, biohazard cleanup, and CPR. They are also receiving additional training for guest responses and guidance.
- We are educating employees on COVID-19 awareness to enable them to make better-informed decisions.
- All team members will be wearing face coverings in public areas and following physical distancing protocols.
- The Lobby Lounge is open. daily from 6:30 AM – 9:30 PM, for dine-in service, takeout, and delivery with additional safety measures in place. The Gibson Girl Lounge is open Friday -Saturday from 5:00 PM – 11:00 PM. In-house guests can also enjoy 24-hour In-Room Dining. The Garden Cafe, Sunday Brunch, and Afternoon Tea are temporarily unavailable.
- The Grand Spa Locker Rooms and Lounges, Indoor Spa Pool, Fitness Center, Outdoor Pool, JouJou, Women’s Store, Men’s Store, and La Bonne Vie are temporarily unavailable until further notice.
- The Grand Spa is open, daily from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM, with additional safety measures in place that reflect recommended local guidelines for health and sanitization. Salon and massage services are available. Facial services will resume on Friday, May 29 from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM. Body treatments are temporarily unavailable.
We are offering flexibility in existing and future reservations for visits between March and June 2020. All reservations for individual stays may be postponed or canceled without fees up to 24 hours before arrival until June 30, 2020.
For reservations made directly with one of our properties, please contact us at the numbers listed below.
- The Grand America Hotel – Salt Lake City: (800) 304-8696
For travel associated with group reservations or events, please contact your group. We advise guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel sites to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Where can I find more information about COVID-19 in Utah?