It’s said that location is everything. And there’s no location quite like The Grand America Hotel towering over downtown Salt Lake City. The flagship property of Grand America Hotels & Resorts has 775 spacious luxury rooms and suites with step-out balconies and stunning views of the mountains, skyline, and sunset. Perhaps the only thing more impressive is the vast expanse of glorious meeting space. Now that the world is reopening and your group is ready to meet in person again, make up for lost time by gathering in style.
Between this truly luxurious hotel; its next-door neighbor, Little America Hotel; and a remarkable host destination in Salt Lake City, planners can let their imagination run free. There is almost nothing these venues can’t offer. The best part is how remarkably easy the whole process will feel. Leave the hassles, frustrations and distractions behind with a return to face-to-face events that will be truly grand.
The journey begins upon landing at Salt Lake City International Airport, a Delta hub that serves 10 airlines and their affiliates. The TRAX light rail is a free ride into downtown, and driving puts you within an hour to access nine world-class ski resorts, including Grand America’s sister ski resort Snowbasin. You want to give your attendees an experience — this is it. Read on for more on what makes The Grand America Hotel experience so lasting.
Space, Space and More Space
Event design is going to look a little different when attendees return to face-to-face meetings. Planners are going to need the sort of flexibility The Grand America can provide. There are no less than 100,000 square feet of options, including the Center Courtyard’s 35,000 square feet of outdoor space. Envision your event in exquisite ballrooms with pre-function foyers, rooms for up to 3,000 attendees, Grand-caliber catering and technical support to help the advancements your organization has made in the past 18 months.
- The 23,000-sq.-ft. Grand Ballroom aptly lives up to its billing. The soaring ceilings and chandeliers will take your breath away—until you see how diligently our team attends to your every need. They shine brighter than any light fixture, no matter how luxurious it is.
- Second only in size, the Imperial Ballroom creates its own Grand impression. Richelieu furnishings and Murano glass effortlessly accentuate nearly 13,000 square feet.
- For a reception like no other, take advantage of the 3,500-sq.-ft. Grand Salon that extends foyer, ballroom and private patio areas to encompass attendees in style.
- Smaller groups may also consider the more than 25,000 square feet of event space, with an additional 3,500 sf outdoor terrace, at the adjacent Little America Hotel, which exudes the same seamless luxury as The Grand.
Nothing is more important than taking care of our guests. The Grand America Hotel and Little American Hotel have achieved their Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation, which includes a comprehensive 20-element program. While we are proud of these accomplishments, they are just a representation of the care we put into all aspects of hosting groups.
Ideal for the C-Suite
Our more than 350 spacious suites are flexible and luxurious to impress your VIPs, board directors and other C-suite members. Executive suites can be configured into many different setups including conference style, half-moons and more. Luxury isn’t a buzzword here—it’s been a way of life for years. The white-glove service never goes out of style, and will be appreciated especially as we all begin to enjoy lives outside our homes.
Just as the hotels’ luxury is timeless, we pride ourselves on maintaining The Grand America Hotel and Little America Hotel. To better preserve the hotels’ resources and the great Salt Lake City we call home, several initiatives are concentrated on sustainability. The Grand America Hotel saves 2.6 million kilowatt-hours of energy per year thanks to a recently completed lighting project. Through a partnership with Rocky Mountain Power’s Wattsmart Business Program, the hotel is now approximately 90% LED. We offer guests an optional reusable amenity program to reduce waste, limit the use of paper and paper bags, and actively conserve water. These are just some of the ways planners can feel good about partnering with the hotels on their next event.
Salt Lake City is a unique host in that it’s never lost its small-city charm as it has grown in stature hosting global events (2002 Winter Olympics) and large association and corporate gatherings. More affordable than large metropolitan areas in the Mountain West and Western parts of the country, the city does not sacrifice any amenities. Among the highlights:
- Five large shopping malls to make sure your attendees don’t go home empty-handed
- Local culinary gems and a rich and underrated mix of craft breweries and nightclubs
- Grand theatrical shows worthy of Broadway and world-class museums add culture and unique off-site venue opportunities.
- Skiing, skiing and more skiing, including Grand America’s sister ski resort Snowbasin, 45 minutes from downtown Salt Lake and your group is less than an hour from an excursion to Park City for an evening reception or pre- or post-event trip.
- Fun in the sun: Sure, the Olympics were here, but the mountain climbing, trails and other warm-weather activities are gold medal-worthy too. Did you know Snowbasin offers summer activities for groups?
- Our charm extends to safety. Your attendees will always feel comfortable here.
You and your attendees will have a grand time here. It’s been too long since being together. Treat your group to a luxurious experience that they will never forget.